weltwärts – development volunteer service

[virtual_slide_box id=”1″]

The School Sisters of Notre Dame in Bavaria are an approved sending organization by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The ministry assumes up to 75 % of the expenses for the volunteer service. The remaining 25 % are covered by the sending organization and the solidarity circles of the volunteers.

The development volunteer service weltwärts was founded in 2008 by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Since then, more than 25,000 volunteers have been sent from Germany and dedicated themselves to development projects.

Weltwärts focuses on joint intercultural learning. The funding by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has given all interested young people between the ages of 18 and 28 the opportunity to participate in the learning service. The majority has just finished school and completed their A levels (Abitur). They volunteer for six to 24 months at a local partner organization in education, health, environment, agriculture, culture or human rights.

Besides the volunteers, roughly 180 active sending organizations and numerous partner organizations in the countries of assignment are the main actors at weltwärts. They implement the programme in close collaboration and make a considerable contribution to its design.

http://www.weltwaerts.de/en/

School Sisters of Notre Dame